Check list to prepare for Egg freezing/IVF
The objective of writing this article is to provide women, who either want to freeze eggs for future use or undergo IVF procedure soon to create a baby, a checklist that she can consult. This article does not constitute medical advice, please consult a doctor for your specific situation.
Written by Eggschain editors, medically reviewed by Hugh Taylor, M.D.
The checklist includes:
- A functioning refrigerator
- For preserving your medication
- Back-up electricity supply
- Start taking prenatal vitamins right away
- Be prepared to go to the labs (such as Quest Diagnostics) to have your blood drawn and tests done
- Find a good fertility doctor. Please see our doctor directory
- Understand the fact that you need to go to a lab when you start menstruation to get tests done
- Be selective about your sexual partners before and during this process, if not in a committed relationship
- Adhere to FDA guidelines if you think there is a possibility of donating your eggs/embryos
For further discussion, please contact us or read our other articles.
Team at Eggschain